Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Shopping and Life

Today I went shopping.  It was supposed to be a quick trip.  It turned out to be longer than that.   It was a varied shopping trip.  I found yarn for Pumpkins afghan I am working on.  I found scrapbooking supplies for a project that I will be working on this weekend.  I bought birthday presents for my Little Man, who will be a year old in less than a week, I bought Valentine's for the older kids that they want to share with people.  And I bought the essentials needed for the storm that is expected here in the next few hours, you know milk, yogurt, tissues, paper towels, cereal that sort of thing.  And I made sure that I had gas in my van.  Why does one do that?  Make sure they have gas in their vehicle, even though they don't plan to leave the house for the next two days?  What good is that?  But I did it anyway.  

As I look back at my trip, which took a lot longer than I thought it would, I realize that kind of outlines my life lately.  Do a little bit here, a little bit there, a little bit over here, and something else that everyone else is doing that really doesn't make a lot of sense, but I do it anyway.  I need focus, direction, a plan.

Well I do have a plan,  one kind of like my plan for today's trip.  A grand plan in mind that once it is in the works is taking shape a whole different way than I imagined.  Because I didn't sit down and think it through very well to begin with.  I jumped into the trip with a half thought out idea.  

Now I give myself a bit more credit with my plan.  I have sat down and listed goals for the month.  But it is already the 9th and I haven't gotten very far with them, other than thinking about them.  So tomorrow (or later today, after I've slept) I am going to sit down with my Feb goals and get some of them mapped out on my calendar.  Because if I don't, it won't get done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment