Thursday, March 11, 2010


We have been home from the hospital for three weeks today, and I was able to cook a *real* meal tonight for supper.  I made a pot roast, in the crockpot, which was really, really good.  Best I have ever had, sorry mom. We also had mac & cheese, cheesy garlic biscuits, and salad.  I have to say I was rather pleased with myself.  All my cooking up to this point has been heating up frozen meals (thanks for the hot chicken salad mom :-) ) and things such as Hamburger Helper etc.  Other nights have been provided by the handsome hubby and/or the darling daughter.  Or we have gone out. 


For the last two days said darling daughter has been in a cleaning frenzy.  She has cleaned the kitchen, living room, her bathroom and bedroom.  I finally figured out her ulterior motive, she wanted to invite her best friend over for a sleepover.  Well, needless to say, she will get her sleepover.  She has also learned a bit of how hard it is to keep house.  She was remarking earlier that she had picked up the living room 3 times today.  

My little Bug will be 6, count them SIX, years old on Saturday.  I can not get over how much he has grown, and how mature (as mature as a 6 year old can be) he has become.  He has really taken this big brother role very seriously and wants to teach Little Man everything.  He also wants to help with everything, well except diaper changing.  However, explaining that Little Man won't be able to ride bikes for awhile hasn't been easy for Bug to grasp.  He has also been reading a kids joke book that they found in my old books.  Needless to say it has made his joke and riddle telling make a lot more sense and given him new material.  I was getting so tired of the same old jokes he already knew, especially the knock knock jokes.  

And not to leave out Buddy, He has been reading up a storm lately, and reading chapter books. Magic Tree House,  The Littles, Ramona, and even attempting some of the Chronicles of Narnia, that Dad has been reading aloud to them.  They are working on The Silver Chair currently.  I am really proud of him.  Out of the older three he has been the latest one to really get into reading.  I am glad to say he is now taking after the rest of the family.  We need a separate room just for books in this house.

What can I say, I love  my family.!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment