Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Thoughts as the storm rolls in.............

Supper is on the stove. Little Man is in the pack-n-play, Buddy is sitting on the sofa reading, Bug is watching his sister, and Pumpkin is playing video games.  Dad is still at work and I am taking a minute to sit down and process my day.  The thunder is rolling in, the first storm of the season.  It is unreal to me that three weeks ago we still had snow on the ground,  which here in the south that is a remarkable occurrence.  And now we are dealing with the typical spring weather.  However, it was a blessing to have the windows and doors open today to air out the house.

It was a stay around the house kind of day today.  For which I am thankful.  I needed that kind of day.  Nothing calling my attention elsewhere.  Nowhere to be tonight.  Just rounding up the troops and enjoying the closeness of family tonight.

I am reminded however, how fleeting this time is,  I have friends and acquaintances mourning the loss of family members.  It makes me incredibly thankful for the family I have surrounding me at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment