That is the question that was asked in the Crosswalk Devotional I read this morning. In it Lysa TerKeurst talks of the beginning of her Proverbs 31 Ministry. Her main point is being obedient to God and letting him do the work in unfolding the dream He gave you.
I have a dream, a dream that was birthed more than 15 years ago. In the intervening years I have done just about anything I could to get away from that dream. However, God has been faithful and not let that dream suffer or die because of my lack of nurturing. It is still there and now stronger than ever. However, now that I am ready it seems that other things keep blocking our path. And I might be tempted to say no, this wasn't from God. But I know differently, and He has confirmed my dream to me through many sources, so I know that He will be faithful again. The waiting is hard. I have been trying to be obedient in my waiting, not always successful in that obedience either but I am trying.
One question that keeps coming up in my mind and I know from others is "What makes me qualified to be an Officer?" "What gifts do I have that will make me successful?" I have thought and thought on those questions. And quite frankly I don't have a definitive answer, when I look at myself. I mean on the office side of things I can be a good organizer and with motivation have good time management skills, I can multi-task very well, usually. I can keep good records, I learned that as a teacher. On the ministry side of things, I have a heart for working with children and ladies, teaching and ministering. I love reaching out to people where they are and helping them to go further. I have a good knowledge base to start and I LOVE to learn more. However, while that list is long and fairly detailed I have come to realize that both that list and the questions themselves are focusing on the wrong person in the equation. I don't know what "I" have what will be necessary or what I can learn to do. The best I can say is that God called me. And where He called, He will equip, train and lead. I have a passion to do what He called me to do. And so I see that as my best qualification. I simply want to be given the chance to do it
No comments:
Post a Comment