Yesterday my sister-in-law asked how her brother walking into the building was an answer to prayer. Really it isn't' a dramatic story, I don't have those. But it was pretty interesting.
As I talked about yesterday there was a Corps Council/Planning meeting that I was invited to sit in on. The only other thing I remember about that meeting, besides my call, was the fact that we instituted a special prayer meeting prior to the regular mid-week prayer meeting that was always held. This one was specifically for Corps growth. It was voluntary and set for 15 minutes prior to the regular meeting. Those who chose to participate would go into the chapel area for silent prayer specifically for Corps Growth. Not being a big part of the Corps at that time I chose not to participate for a few weeks. However, one Tuesday the Corps Officer's wife said "Come on, Maria, Let's go pray Steven to the Corps" I couldn't refuse, so I went in, and unsure of exactly what to pray for, I prayed and asked God to bring Steven in along side me.
I don't remember exactly how much later it was (during prayer meeting or HL/MFC meetings), but later that same evening Steven walked in the building, supposedly looking for me, but whatever we were doing, he stuck around that night. He also kept coming back and later started the conversation that began our soldiership classes and enrolled us as soldiers.
No comments:
Post a Comment